Happy Mother's Day

I remember late nights playing Uno with Missy. I became an adult and you admitted that the only reason you were up into the wee hours of the morning was because of the anti-depressants, but that doesn't cancel out how much fun we had or how many tears of laughter we cried.

I remember seeing Beauty and the Beast in the theater - nine times - and how hard you searched for it when it came out on tape.

I remember a late night in December spent in the guest bathroom, watching our stray mutt give birth to four squirming, goo-covered pups. We spent hours trying to get Lil' Bit to nurse, terrified we might lose him if he didn't. The next six months we watched them grow in rambunctious, furry tornadoes and cried when we had to say goodbye.

I remember laying in our twin beds, listening as you read Missy and I "chapter books".

I remember Hi-C, bagels with butter and Bambi on VHS when I was sick.

Today we have Einstein's talks where we wile hours away discussing our frustrations and questions of faith and the sometimes not-so-subtle movement of God in our lives. We have shopping and fights and church and Law & Order: SVU. I have an attitude and you have your issues and often we butt heads. But we have each other. We always will.

I love you, Mom.




0 comments: