Back (question mark)

...maybe?

I've been intending to update for ages - for there have been lots of changes to mull over - but as the topics I wanted to discuss grew and grew, it got too overwhelming and I decided I didn't want to organize my thoughts enough to make them coherent enough for others.

BUT.

I truly don't write enough and this is an excellent exercise to get me back into the swing of things.

And soooo... About a year and a half ago, after 24 years of living in AZ, I made the big jump to Austin, TX. Why? God only knows.

Perhaps my closest friend in the world, Ashley has been here for a good five years and had been doing her best to convince me to join her. When another good friend transferred from his job with Apple, I figured it was as good a time as any.

I don't have much to report, other than the fact that I'm happy and excited about being a new place, with new people, but still struggle with the same ruts as always. I should have known that I can escape my surroundings, but I can't escape myself. I am a creature of habit and, sadly, "being scared" is one habit I've yet to break.

BUT.

I'm trying. And I'm doing. And I'm working on things that were only half-formed ideas in my mind previously. Ashley is my best friend, my greatest supporter, my platonic life partner and my financial manager. I'm looking forward to what that means for me in the near future.

THAT BEING SAID.

IT'S ALMOST OCTOBER. And I've joined forces with two other horror-aficianados to collaborate on various things, including current and past movie reviews. So hopefully that will mean this blog will be resurrected at some point.

Then again, it could be another 4 years before I update again. Who knows?

0 comments: